Learn Bahasa Indonesia FAQ
- How long does it take me to learn Bahasa Indonesia?
The answer depends on a lot of factors, such as learning frequency, discipline and integrity. But normally you can speak basic Indonesian within 3 months or even less for a 3-times-a-week lesson.
- Can I have customized learning materials?
As we organize private Indonesian lesson only, you can customize your own learning materials based on your own interest. Simply let us know what subjects you would like to focus more on and we will prepare your own learning materials.
- Can I have conversational subjects only and not anything else?
In order to be able to speak Indonesian, you need to be familiar of basic Indonesian grammar and have adequate vocabularies. If you’d like to focus more on conversational skills, we’ll include basic grammar only and most used vocabularies in various situations in order that you survive in daily conversational situations.
- I have learned Indonesian before and would like to continue to intermediate class. What lessons do you provide for intermediate class?
Intermediate and advanced class students have more emphasis on using Indonesian language in various situations, such as retelling a story, translating, listening to news broadcast and various live shows, improving your vocabularies, as well as introduction to Indonesian slang which is used in many daily conversations.
- I am a teacher teaching Indonesian language at a school in Australia. Can you help me check my students’ homework or test?
As we have different scoring systems anywhere, we’re truly sorry that we can’t help you check your student’s homework and test. However please feel free to consult our teacher about any issues relating to Indonesian language, either the grammar, words (vocabulary), pronunciation, etc.
- Do the teachers speak English? Are the teachers native Indonesians?
Yes, we provide only English speaking native Indonesian teachers so as we were all born and study in Indonesia, we follow and acknowledge the development of the Indonesian language, including both formal and colloquial (spoken) Indonesian that only the natives are aware of.
- What is your online learning schedule availability?
We are available from Monday to Sunday, from 5 am to 10 pm (Jakarta time). Simply let us know your city and country and we will let you know our time difference and availability.
- Can I change my learning schedule?
We can reschedule your learning hour if you let us know within no less than 12 hours before the already-scheduled lesson. Truly sorry that we provide no rescheduling if we receive the notice within less than 12 hours before the lesson.
- How is the online lesson conducted?
All the e-leaning lessons are conducted via Skype. You can download Skype for free on Skype.com.
- How is the payment made?
All payments are made via Paypal.com. The lesson can start as soon as we have received your payment.
- Is there any placement test?
We provide written placement test via email for those who have learned Indonesian before. Placement test is not required for beginner’s class.
- What is the Indonesian course fee?
You can check your course fee here.